Friday, April 21, 2006

Jack and Coke

I'm a rabid White Stripes fan and have been since the first time I heard Hotel Yorba. Jack's new band, the Raconteurs... well, I haven't been that excited about a band in a long time (not since the White Stripes!)

I was a bit shocked to find Jack White doing a jingle for Coke, but the tune is great and the commerical is wildly entertaining and colorful. Doesn't make me want to drink a Coke (okay, maybe with a bit of rum) but I'm inspired it. It does remind me of some Target commercials I've seen. Word on the street is that it was directed by Michel Gondry, who directed the StripesThe Hardest Button to Button, which has a similar multiplicity to it.



One can see some similarities with this Yuki 'Sentimental Journey' video, but I like the Coke spot a bit more. What do you think?

Support Midwest rockers. Even if they're doing Coke.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]