Thursday, August 30, 2007

Smashing Pumpkins - That's the Way (My Love Is)

The latest video from Smashing Pumpkins is a futuristic, effects filled extravaganza. It's mainly black and whilte with spot color, loads of 3D and lighting effects, and video composited on little future TVs. Not a half bad song, but I miss the Smashing Pumpkins of yore. Back in the day, I saw them live 11 times. I was a total Pumpkin Head. I like their new stuff, but not nearly as much as their stuff from Gish and Siamese Dream. The subtleties are not there, the quirkiness, the fun. Just a heavy wall of sound. Don't get me wrong. Rockin' out is my birthrite, but I miss the old sound. I do think the video is pretty cool though - one that takes several watchings to see the details. After several watchings I'll probably love the song.

That's The Way (My Love Is)

Add to My Profile | More Videos

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]