Thursday, March 05, 2009

Sasy Mankan Ft Radin Band - Ninash Nash New HQ (Party Song)

It's not too often I come across Iranian hip hop. This video was posted to our forum, asking how they achieved the cartoon look. They could have appled Red Giant ToonIt, but it looks like Magic Bullet Looks to me. I love the bright colors and the stuttery cutting. The lightning effect in the hot tub scene is pretty cheesy though.

I will admit my ignorance of Persian culture, except that I've read all of the graphic novels by Marjane Satrapi (Perseopolis was my favorite, and her best known). One thing that struck me as odd is the man in drag at the end of this video in the cab and using a putter as a 9 iron. Is it supposed to be funny or couldn't they have a real woman in the video? I am curious, since I really have no idea what Sasy is rapping about.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]